I had an idea! Take one of my favorite dips and turn it into a dinner with chicken!
For this recipe, you can use either ground chicken or cut up diced chicken. I’ve even made this in the slow-cooker. Just add everything to the slow-cooker (including the raw CUBED chicken), cook on high for 3 hours and it’s ready! Top with mozzarella, and you have a meal. We did this exact thing on our last Panama Beach trip. While we were at the beach, our yummy dinner was cooking in the condo.
Some spinach artichoke recipes called for mayo or sour cream, but this is totally optional. I’ve made it with and without it, and both came out just the same, so if you don’t have these ingredients, it’s totally fine. Therefore, I didn’t even include those ingredients in this final recipe.
It’s a low-carb meal without the chips, so you can figure out some other options for serving if you’re sticking to low-carb. You can serve over zucchini pasta, or just serve on the side of raw or roasted cauliflower.
This would also make for a GREAT party dish!
Cook the onions, garlic, and seasoned ground chicken or cubed chicken until fully cooked (save the broth created by the chicken, do not discard).
Add the rest of the ingredients (except mozzarella), give a little stir, and bake at 400 for about 10 minutes until everything begins to melt.
Top with mozzarella and return to oven until melted, hot, and browned.
Serve with chips, pasta, dipping veggies, zucchini pasta, or bread!
- 2 lbs ground chicken (or cubed chicken breasts)
- 1 large onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- Salt & Cajun Seasoning
- 2 small jars/ 1 large jar Artichokes (drained)
- 10-12 oz frozen spinach or 1-2 cans of spinach (drained)
- 8 oz cream cheese, cubed
- 1-2 cups mozzarella
- 1/2 cup Parmesan (grated or shredded)
- 4-5 squirts LA hot sauce
- In an oven-safe, medium pot, Cook the onions, garlic, and seasoned ground chicken or cubed chicken until fully cooked (save the broth created by the chicken, do not discard).
- Add the rest of the ingredients (except mozzarella), give a little stir, and bake at 400 for about 10 minutes until cream cheese is melted. Salt as needed.
- Top with mozzarella and return to oven until melted, hot, and browned (about 10 minutes)
- Use cubed chicken breasts for the slow-cooker option. Season the breasts first with salt and cajun seasoning.
- Add all ingredients except mozzarella, and give it a gentle stir.
- Cook on high for 3 hours or low for 5-6 hours.
- Gently stir as to not break up the chicken too much. Top with mozzarella and cook until cheese melts. Salt as needed and Serve!