This is a delicious, flavorful Italian dressing and/or marinade seasoning mix that will have you licking your plate!
I no longer buy Italian dressing, since I can make several batches of it for half the cost. And most importantly, this homemade version is wayyyyy healthier than store-bought because the majority of store-bought dressings contain GMO soybean oil and a list of other unhealthy ingredients.
Trust me, once you make this dressing, you will be glad you did and wonder why you didn’t do it sooner! It was adapted from an All Recipes recipe that I tweaked a little, and of course made it much healthier with olive oil instead of canola oil, and added a little Cajun twist :).
Just the other day, I seasoned a whole chicken with this mix, along with some extra salt (because that’s how we Cajuns do it!), and it was amaaaaazing!!! Give it a try on anything!
- 1-1/2 TBsp garlic powder/granulated garlic
- 1 TBsp onion powder/granulated onion
- 1 TBsp organic cane sugar or Coconut sugar
- 2 TBsp dried oregano
- 1 TBsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 TBsp Tony's
- Mix all ingredients together. Store in a Ziploc bag or airtight container for future use!
- When ready to make a batch of the dressing, whisk 2 TBsp of the mix together with 1/4 cup of vinegar of choice (I love rice vinegar or organic apple cider), 1/2 cup of extra virgin olive oil, and 2 TBsp water. Whisk vigorously until it starts looking creamy. Enjoy as a dressing or marinade!
Tip: Adding a splash of lemon to the dressing is a great way to "tang-it-up" a bit! I also recommend granulated garlic instead of garlic powder because it's much stronger, and the same with the onion powder.